The year was 2014 and Corey needed a haircut. He headed over to Diego's Hair Salon, where his haircut-turned-Spanish lesson from a sweet Peruvian woman named Maria became something else entirely with one fateful comment: "I have a daughter your age. She just moved here."
After many months of Annie telling her mother she wanted nothing to do with one of her clients (all unbeknownst to Corey), Annie reluctantly agreed to meet the antithesis of her ideal man: a gringo involved in politics. They met for happy hour at Cafe Citron, where one drink turned into another as they discussed their mutual love for travel, food and film.
Corey and Annie still disagree about whether this hours-long conversation in a mix of broken English and Spanish was truly their first date. (Annie told her mother she had a good time but would probably never see him again; Corey called his parents and told them he had just met someone special.) One thing, however, is certain: Corey's movie recommendation from his time in Spain convinced Annie that he was not so bad after all.
A few cultural hurdles—and even more cultural exchanges—later, here we are: forever eating ceviche on Shabbat and salsa dancing into the night.
10 things about us just because …
1. Could eat Sauerkraut all day long
2. Likes all seasons (even winter)
3. Ramen will be always his first option
4. Eats and drinks extremely spicy
5. listens to musicals in the morning
6. Loves to read at night
7. Used to cook and then he taught Annie how to do it
8. his favorite partner to dance with or without music is annie
9. at night, he asks alexa to play ocean sounds
10. his Second love, after annie, is food.
1. Loves breakfast for dinner
2. Is cold even during summer
3. Always craving for french fries
4. Prefers not to eat spicy
5. Watches a dance contest in the morning
6. Loves to bother Corey while he is reading
7. The Kitchen is her territory, she doesn’t want Corey to be around
8. her favorite partner to travel this crazy world with is corey
9. at night, she asks alexa to play jungle sounds
10. her Second love, after corey, is food (it might be her first one)